Thank You, PopSugar!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PopSugar is one of my favorite blogs. It's full of tons of celebrity photos and gossip and I'm not ashamed to say that I find it all totally entertaining. I check it a couple of times each day while I'm at work just to break up the monotony of the day. Well, this morning when I logged on I had no idea that this delightful little gem was waiting for me:



An article saying that Rob Pattinson dropped out of New Moon! What? Of course it was just those crazy people over at PopSugar playing a little April Fool's Day joke on their readers. And I wasn't fooled for a second. Really, I wasn't. I knew as soon as I saw the link on the first page that this was a joke...and did I laugh? Of course I did. I laughed because my immediate thought was that I absolutely must forward this most ridiculous article to my two good (and sometimes gullible) friends, Kate and Christine.

Like any good Twilight fans (with too much time on their hands and decent internet search skills) Kate, Christine and myself like to keep each other updated with any Twilight tidbits that we may stumble across. Why just the other day I sent Kate and Christine links about the people that were cast for the roles of Caius and Heidi. So sending them a link to this article wouldn't be at all suspicious. And I couldn't have been more pleased with their responses.

Christine responded via e-mail with one simple line:

"LOL I believed it at first! I think I actually gasped."

I can actually picture Christine opening her e-mail, clicking on the link and being shocked at the title of the article, but it probably didn't take her long to figure out that it was actually a joke.

Kate, on the other hand, didn't catch on as quickly. And I was fortunate enough to witness her reaction first hand. We were standing at Katie's desk at work when I pulled up the article for her. When she read the title she quite urgently told Katie to move out of her way so she could see better. As she quickly read the article she didn't notice that Katie, Joe and I were all laughing. She didn't catch on when she got to the absolutely ridiculous part about Taylor Lautner taking over the role of Edward. She didn't even see the bold print that said "April Fool's." She stood there, her face turning red, and said, "Read more! Where are you supposed to go to read more?" I finally stopped laughing and pointed out that it was an April Fool's joke.

Needless to say Kate was quite relieved. And I was victorious! Ha! Ha! Ha!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Kate's reaction was definitely the highlight of my day!